Introduction and Aim
As part of its company commitments Atlas Images Schools, recognises its obligations to comply with the law and to carry out its business in an as environmentally sound manner as possible. We are therefore committed to reducing our environmental impact and continually improving our environmental performance as an integral and fundamental part of our business strategy and operating methods.
It is our priority to encourage our staff, customers, suppliers and all business associates to do the same. Not only is this sound commercial sense for all, it is also a matter of delivering on our duty of care towards future generations.
Our policy is to:
- Wholly support and comply with or exceed the requirements of current environmental legislation and codes of practice
- Minimise our waste and then reuse or recycle as much of it as possible, by applying the waste hierarchy of reduce, re-use, recycle wherever viable in all our activities
- Minimise energy and water usage in our buildings, vehicles and processes in order to conserve supplies and minimise our consumption of natural resources, especially where they are non-renewable
- Operate and maintain company vehicles with due regard to environmental issues as far as reasonably practical and encourage and train staff in the use of economical driving practices, using modern and environmental vehicles where possible
- Promote the use of travel alternatives such as e-mail or video/phone conferencing
- Apply the principles of continuous improvement in respect to air, water, noise and light pollution from our premises and reduce any impacts from our operations on the environment, including climate change criteria and local community requirements
- To as far extent as possible, purchase products and services that do the least damage to the environment and encourage others to do the same
- Assess the environmental impact in advance of any new processes or products we intend to introduce
- Ensure that all employees understand our environmental policy and conform to the high standards it requires
- Update our Environmental Policy on a regular basis and at least annually, in consultation with staff, associates and customers, and review our progress and targets in accordance with best practice